Begging The Past To Stay

13:12:00

"Am I the only one, wishing life away? Never caught up in the moment, busy begging the past to stay"

The other night I was recommended a video on YouTube, and I can't get over it.
It was a song by Dodie Clark, 'When', and it is incredible. Over the years I've had a bit of a reputation for being a little bit heartless, but never in my life have I sat for an hour bawling my eyes out over a song. Real life tears. So much so that I sent it to my friend so that I had someone to share it with - and his thoughts were the same - we then had a mini quarter life crisis. 

I've never related more to anything. I am definitely someone who is always looking back, I never realised it until I'd heard this song. I've got the attitude of "Yeah, life's ok, I can't wait for it to go back to how it was/for it to get better" but it never will go back to how it was and there is just something about that that I just can't seem to get my head around, we'll also never know what's going to happen in the future and the uncertainty kind of freaks me out.

We are always either worrying about something that has happened in our past and we're always worrying about what is going to happen. We literally stress ourselves out. It's silly, why are we worrying about something that hasn't even happened yet? Something that might never happen.

We never live in the moment and it's sad. We're surrounded by events that have happened and are waiting for events to happen. We never love the way we're supposed to because we're dwelling on what has been, living in comparison to what we've had and what we want instead of just going with it.

 We spend half our life looking back on what we've had and when it's gone or it's too late we don't appreciate it.

Life. Life. Now. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe